Where should I place my Tower Garden for best performance?
- Full sun or high light level is a requirement if you desire highly productive food crops. If you live in a location with intense summer heat, it can be helpful to have some shade starting mid-afternoon into the evening. Choose a location for your Tower Garden that meets these requirements.
- Vegetable crops can grow at lower light levels; however, they are simply less productive as the percentage of shade increases. Many flowers and ornamental crops do fine under shade all day. Read seed labels to determine proper light levels.
- Be sure a good clean water source is available nearby. NEVER use softened water, heavily chlorinated water or very hard water as it may damage your plants. NOTE: Chlorine in water can be eliminated by filling a bucket with water and leaving it out in full sun for 48 hours.
- An electrical outlet nearby is preferable to a long extension cord. ALWAYS use a waterproof connection when using outdoor extension cords.
- Place a Tower Garden dolly, doormat or similar product under the reservoir if you are placing Tower Garden on a deck or patio. This will reduce the heat transferred into the reservoir from the deck or patio during hot weather.
- Always select a level site or a site that can be leveled for Tower Garden. NOTE: Tower Garden MUST be level to work properly.