I have an indoor Tower Garden customer who saw mold growing on the rock wool on one of her plants. She checked inside the tower and discovered black mold growing inside as well. It is new and has only been in operation for 4.5 months. I suggested she run white vinegar through the system to clean it. After four hours the black mold did not wash off.  She is highly allergic to mold and her health care provider recommended she remove it from her home. I am perplexed as to how the TG is growing mold. She started all of her plants from seed. She was diligent with checking the ph every week.  I shared the post from a year ago that suggested using OxiClean to remove mold from a tomato cage. She is concerned it will just come back.

Any suggestions?