2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 4:39 PM by riestar

Light control from power switch

I have a white power strip that came with my lights so I plugged in lights and pump as directed.  I don't understand how the power works for the lights as the pump seems to run fine with the timer.  What controls the lights?

• Re: Light control from power switch
          joed

Hi riestar, The TG nutrient pump and the TG Grow Lights are controlled by separate timers. The nutrient pump timer is a separate device (the Tork 602A Timer). The timer for the lights is built into the power strip you describe. Here are the instructions for the Grow Lights Kit:

http://www.towergarden.com/content/dam/towergarden/resources/Grow%20Light%20Instructions%20v.2%20-%20July%202015.pdf

Initially, it is recommended you set your nutrient pump timer to 15-minutes On, 30-minutes Off and your lights to 14 hours On, 10 hours Off (off during a time of day that will give your plants total darkness - important). Here is some additional info on the Grow Lights Timer that you may find helpful:

If you have the slightly off white power strip / timer, follow these steps:

• Slide the red power switch on the timer’s face to the clock symbol (middle) to activate the timer.
          • Plug the grow lights power cord into to the side of the power strip with the red dot.
          • Plug your Tower Garden® pump timer into the side of the power strip without the red dot.
          • Flip the timer switch near the cord to “on” to power the timer.

If you have the white power strip / timer, follow these instructions:

• Plug your grow lights power cord into the side of the power strip with the green light.
          • Ensure that the red sliding switch is in the “T” position. (If it is in the “ON” position, the green side remains in constant power mode, not timer mode.)
          • Plug your pump timer into the side of the power strip with the red light (this side has constant power).
          • Turn the power switch to the “ON” lighted position.

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech

1 of 1 people found this helpful