1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hi riestar, The TG nutrient pump and the TG Grow Lights are controlled by separate timers. The nutrient pump timer is a separate device (the Tork 602A Timer). The timer for the lights is built into the power strip you describe. Here are the instructions for the Grow Lights Kit:
Initially, it is recommended you set your nutrient pump timer to 15-minutes On, 30-minutes Off and your lights to 14 hours On, 10 hours Off (off during a time of day that will give your plants total darkness - important). Here is some additional info on the Grow Lights Timer that you may find helpful:
If you have the slightly off white power strip / timer, follow these steps:
- Slide the red power switch on the timer’s face to the clock symbol (middle) to activate the timer.
- Plug the grow lights power cord into to the side of the power strip with the red dot.
- Plug your Tower Garden® pump timer into the side of the power strip without the red dot.
- Flip the timer switch near the cord to “on” to power the timer.
If you have the white power strip / timer, follow these instructions:
- Plug your grow lights power cord into the side of the power strip with the green light.
- Ensure that the red sliding switch is in the “T” position. (If it is in the “ON” position, the green side remains in constant power mode, not timer mode.)
- Plug your pump timer into the side of the power strip with the red light (this side has constant power).
- Turn the power switch to the “ON” lighted position.
Thank you so much. My brain just couldn't get around how to use one timer for two different times. Got it all going and hope I've done it correctly.