1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 10:18 AM by joed

Brown slime in tower

Hello, I have had my tower running for 3 weeks now. Over the last week it's started to produce a brown slime film within the base and down th tower. It easily wipes off. My question is; should I just continue to top up my tower? Or would you suggest I clean it out and start with new water. I used natural spring water from a town source (no chemicals, softening or hardness) and then I top it up with reverse osmosis water when needed. Thanks in advance for any information.

• Re: Brown slime in tower
          joed

Hi redneckvettech, Any chance you can post a few pics of the inside and outside of your TG showing the brown slime? This sounds like it could be pythium (a.k.a. root rot). However, it is difficult to say for sure without photos. Also, what is the condition of your plant roots? Are they also covered in brown slime? Lastly, what is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech