3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 9:20 AM by joed

My tower doesn't pump water to the top. What did I do wrong?

jneering

I inherited 4 towers that had been disassembled. I put one together but it doesn't pump water to the top. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

John

• Re: My tower doesn't pump water to the top. What did I do wrong?
          hciancioso

Check these things: Is the hose screwed in tightly to both the Tower and the pump? Does the hose have a crack in it? The end of the pump can be removed. Take apart and clean. Check to make sure fan blades move easily. If you go through these steps, and there is still an issue, then you will need to replace the pump. The pump is covered by a 1 yr warranty. If it is under a year, please call 866-235-0414 and they will replace free of charge. If older than 1 yr, you can purchase a new one on Towergarden.com for $19.95.

joed

Hi jneering, To expand a little on hciancioso's reply above...

Assuming you are using a timer with your TG nutrient pump, the first troubleshooting step is to identify which device is causing the problem (timer, pump or plumbing/tower assembly problem).

If you can hear & feel the pump running then jump to "It's a plumbing / assembly problem..."

Plug the pump directly into a known working outlet. If the pump is not working, then the problem is with the pump. If the pump works, then jump to "Problem is with the timer...".

Problem is with the pump...

Following the directions that came with your pump, remove it from the TG and carefully disassemble it.

Here are some generic instructions that should work for the majority of pumps supplied with the TG:

• Pull off the front cover of the unit.
            • Clean the filter vents on the front of the unit.
            • Clean the foam filter located behind the front cover.
            • Twist the impeller cover counterclockwise to remove.
            • Carefully remove the impeller assembly (Figure A: Example Impeller Assembly).
            • Remove & rinse debris from the impeller cavity (use a small tube brush or 4 Q-Tips bunched together).
            • Use your fingernail and/or an abrasive cleaning pad to carefully remove anything stuck to the impeller magnet.
            • Reassemble the pump.

Important Notes:

1. Even the slightest amount of material (yes, even a thin film of algae) in the impeller cavity or on the surface of the impeller magnet can adversely affect flow rate.
            2. Caution: The pump’s impeller shaft is made of ceramic (not metal) and will break if not handled carefully.

Re-install the pump in the TG and plug it directly into a known working outlet. If the pump works, your issue has been resolved. If the pump does not work, it is possible a pump internal component failure has occurred. Contact TG Customer Support for a replacement.

Tower Garden Customer Support

Phone: 866-235-0414 (Available M-F 8am-5pm CT)

Email: towergarden@customercare.com

Problem is with the timer...

Verify that you have the timer properly connected and configured according to the timer instructions:

Tork 602a Timer Instructions

https://towertalk.jiveon.com/docs/DOC-131333

If the timer has been connected and configured correctly and the pump does not work, it is possible a timer internal component failure has occurred. Contact TG Customer Support for a replacement.

Tower Garden Customer Support

Phone: 866-235-0414 (Available M-F 8am-5pm CT)

Email: towergarden@customercare.com

It's a plumbing / assembly problem...

• Ensure the TG nutrient tub is at least 1/2 full of nutrient solution.
            • Make sure the submersible pump is attached to the bottom of the nutrient tub.
            • Check the pump pre-filter to ensure it is clean.
            • Check the pump internals (impeller) to ensure that it is free of debris. You will need to carefully disassemble the pump - follow the directions that came with the model pump you received (see the "Problem is with the pump..." section for cleaning step details).
            • Check the pump flow rate dial - it should be set to the MAX setting (note:not all model pumps supplied with the TG have a flow rate dial).
            • Check the "blue hose" connections between the pump and underside of the TG base are snug.
            • Check that all tower sections are firmly seated against each other and that there are no visible gaps between the sections.
            • Check for leaks in the center riser pipe that is formed by stacking the tower sections together. One method to accomplish this is to remove a black net pot in each section (one at a time) and using a flashlight, look in through the open tower section growing port while the pump is on.

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              joed

...and be sure you are following the "How to Assemble It" section of the Tower Garden Setup & Growing Guide

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech