7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2017 2:33 AM by joed Branched to a new discussion.

Ready for Tower?

dniezby
      From everything I’ve ready it says that keep plants in tray until roots appear through the rockwool, then transplant them. 

Is this enough root or should I wait a bit longer?

• Re: Ready for Tower?
          joed

Hi dniezby, Yup... that's just enough to qualify for a trip into the TG.

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dniezby

Excellent! Using this info I was able to transplant 4 plants today. Excited to test out my new indoor tower. I've set my timer to 3 min on and 14min off and will watch for the results.  Anything I should particularly look for to know whether or not to adjust my timer?

joed

Hi dniezby, Keep an eye on overall seedling appearance and the moisture content of the rockwool (the tops should dry-out a bit before the next On cycle starts).

Are you using net pots or grow port clips? If clips, which brand?

If you are using the L2C aftermarket GPClip, I recommend backing-out the rockwool starter plug so only the very bottom edge of the plug is in the nutrient solution stream.

-- [please mark this post as "Correct Answer" (under Actions menu) and/or "Helpful" when appropriate] -- Happy Growing! -JoeD towergarden level2concepts tgtech TG Tech

dniezby

I’m using the standard TG Netpots. 

The tops don’t completely dry out right now so purhaps I will lengthen the off time by 5 min. See how that works out. Right now, it seems the few plants are thriving. I only have two lettuce and a Swiss Chard in there right now.  

I’ll kee an eye out on the moisture and adjust my time from there. Thank you AGAIN. Learning so much here. 

joed

Hi dniezby, I strongly advise you to keep the timer repeat cycle frequency in the 1-3 minutes On, 5-12 minutes Off range. Be advised  that your rockwool tops will always be wet when using net pots. The "drying-out" visual I am referring to here is very subtle.

dniezby

joed wrote:

Hi dniezby, I strongly advise you to keep the timer repeat cycle frequency in the 1-3 minutes On, 5-12 minutes Off range. Be advised that your rockwool tops will always be wet when using net pots. The "drying-out" visual I am referring to here is very subtle.

Well, in that case, I'll keep it where it's at. The plants seem to be doing very well today after transplanting. Yesterday, my Swiss Chard seemed to begin to lean over but today she's healthy and upright.